LAST UPDATED: 11/1/2018
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND THE PRIVACY NOTICES CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE VISA LOCAL OFFERS PROGRAM DESCRIBED HEREIN (THE “VISA LOCAL OFFERS PROGRAM”). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE VISA LOCAL OFFERS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND PRIVACY NOTICES.
Please see below for the privacy notices applicable to the Visa Local Offers Program.
By signing up for the Visa Local Offers Program through the technology App made available by Uber Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "Uber") that provides content, products, and services, including on-demand transportation services (“Uber App”), you agree to the terms of each specific offer in the Visa Local Offers Program (each, an “Offer”) and the terms set forth below (collectively, the “Terms”). These terms do not alter, modify or add to Uber’s Terms and Conditions (currently available at: https://www.uber.com/legal/terms/us/) or Uber’s User Privacy Statement (currently available at: https://www.uber.com/legal/privacy/users/en/), which apply to your participation in this Visa Local Offers Program and are hereby incorporated by reference.
In addition, these Terms do not alter or modify the privacy policies of Visa or its affiliates that apply to information collected independently of the Visa Local Offers Program. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to use and provide all the linked cards that you provide, and that information you provide is true and accurate. In these Terms, the word "including" means "including, but not limited to.”
- To be eligible to participate in the Visa Local Offers Program, you must have a valid rider account to use the Uber App with at least one (1) eligible U.S.-issued Visa card attached to that account, and have signed up for the Visa Local Offers Program through the Uber App.
- When you sign up for the Visa Local Offers Program, all eligible Visa cards on file in your Uber rider account at the time of enrollment will be linked in the program. If you add an eligible Visa card to your Uber account after acceptance of the terms of the Visa Local Offers Program, that card will automatically be linked in the program. If you delete any linked card(s) from your Uber account, the deleted card(s) will be automatically removed from the Visa Local Offers Program. Your linked card(s) are listed in the offer details for each Offer. Please allow up to 48 hours for added or removed cards to be reflected. Only Visa cards directly added to your Uber account are eligible for Visa Local Offers - for example, Visa cards that are associated with a mobile wallet like Apple Pay and not directly added to your Uber account will not be enrolled. If the same Visa card number is on file in more than one Uber rider account, then all Uber Cash earned with that card number will only be credited to the last user to sign up for the Visa Local Offers Program and link that Visa card account number.
- Not all payment cards are eligible, and not all transactions with a linked card can be monitored, in which case they will not result in rewards.
- Visa branded debit cards include another non-Visa network. Your debit transaction may not be processed by Visa U.S.A., but instead may be processed by a non-Visa network. Only debit transactions processed by the Visa U.S.A. network are eligible to participate in the Visa Local Offers Program. Transactions processed over a non-Visa network will not receive rewards.
- When paying with a debit card, select “credit” or “cancel” and do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your transaction may then be processed over the Visa U.S.A. network, but not in all cases.
- Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Cards, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Cards and Visa TravelMoney are not eligible. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa.
- Visa may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your linked cards, including payments made through other payment methods (such as payments via a Square reader or Square register or a third-party digital wallet or payment app other than Apple Pay) and cross-border transactions, and these transactions are not eligible.
Offers; Uber Cash
- Uber will award Uber Cash based on transaction data provided by Visa that sets forth the amounts you spend on qualifying purchases that fully comply with the terms of the applicable Offer shown in the Offer details (“Qualifying Purchases”). Taxes, tips, fees, and donations may be excluded when calculating the amount of Uber Cash earned.
- Each Offer will be subject to its own additional terms, which are subject to change and may include timing and limits on the amount of Uber Cash earned per transaction, expiration date, restrictions on which store locations are eligible, and/or any other limits or restrictions associated with the Offer. You can view these Offer terms by tapping an offer tile in the Visa Local Offers section.
- Offers may be subject to availability. Offers are also subject to any applicable law or regulation that may restrict or prohibit certain sales including without limitation the sale of goods and services in certain restricted categories. Delivery services are not eligible.
- Uber Cash is non-transferable and non-refundable and does not expire. Uber Cash can only be redeemed in the US. Uber Cash cannot be used when paying with a family profile or certain types of business profiles on Uber. If a ride is eligible for another promotion that you have added to your Uber account, the promotion will be applied before the Uber Cash. Uber Cash earned elsewhere may be applied to your ride balance prior to Uber Cash earned through Visa Local Offers.
- Qualifying Purchases are determined by Visa in its discretion. Purchases or transactions that are, or are suspected to be, fraudulent are not eligible to earn. Visa and Uber have the right not to award or to reverse Uber Cash in the event that Visa and/or Uber suspects fraud or other improper activity.
- Uber Cash may constitute taxable income to you. Compliance with any applicable tax requirements is your responsibility.
- Uber Cash will not be awarded if your card number has expired, or your card account is not open or in good standing at the time the Uber Cash would otherwise be applied.
- Either Visa or Uber, in its sole discretion, may suspend, terminate, or change this Visa Local Offers Program or these Terms at any time. If the Visa Local Offers Program or these Terms are suspended, terminated or changed at any time, notice will be posted on https://offers.uber.com/tos and you should check this page from time to time for such changes.
- Visa and Uber reserve the right to suspend or cancel any user’s enrollment in the Visa Local Offers Program without notice unless required by applicable law including without limitation where we believe you are abusing or wrongfully using the Program.
- The terms of your purchase of any product or service from a merchant are governed by your relationship with that merchant; neither Visa nor Uber is responsible for the Offers, goods, services displayed, purchased or paid for in connection with an offer; or merchants whose Offers, products, or services are promoted in connection with an offer.
- Neither Visa nor Uber is holding funds or other value for you or any merchant, and is not issuing or maintaining any type of financial obligation, deposit or other asset account for you or any merchant; any amount of pending Uber Cash does not represent any merchant or cardholder funds/balances maintained or held by Visa or Uber.
- Neither Visa nor Uber will have any liability associated with or arising from your participation in the Visa Local Offers Program, including your failure to redeem Uber Cash, or other rewards.
- You agree to receive email and push notifications related to the Visa Local Offers Program.
- The merchant location, including the street address, and other information related to an Offer and/or featured merchant including consumer ratings, may include content that has been supplied by a third-party. Visa, Uber and merchant will have no liability associated with or arising from inaccurate or incomplete information provided by a third-party provider.
- You acknowledge that merchants may not be affiliated with Visa and its affiliates in any way and may not be sponsors or co-sponsors of an offer.
- If you have questions regarding the Visa Local Offers Program, any Offer and/or Uber Cash please see the FAQs
VISA LOCAL OFFERS PROGRAM PRIVACY NOTICES
These privacy notices describe how Visa and Uber collect, share and use your personal information with respect to the Visa Local Offers Program. They do not alter or modify or add to the privacy policies of Visa or Uber or their respective affiliates that apply to information collected independently of this Visa Local Offers Program. In addition to the terms described here, Uber's User Privacy Statement applies to this Visa Local Offers Program.
HOW UBER SHARES AND USES INFORMATION
- When you accept the terms of the Visa Local Offers Program, Uber or its payment processor will inform Visa of your enrollment in the Visa Local Offers Program and will send Visa the card number for each Visa card saved in your Uber profile at that time.
- Uber will use Qualifying Purchase details provided by Visa for reward fulfillment.
- Uber may use Qualifying Purchase details to provide you with personalized Offers with participating merchant consent.
- When you contact Uber support about an issue with Visa Local Offers, Uber may share an account identifier and relevant Qualifying Purchase details with Visa so they can troubleshoot the issue. Visa will use this information for customer support purposes as described below.
Information VISA collects
- Visa card details. When you accept the terms of the Visa Local Offers Program, Visa will receive from Uber the card number for each Visa card saved in your Uber profile at that time.
- Qualifying Purchases. Visa will monitor its systems for Qualifying Purchases with your linked Visa card(s) and collect details of those transactions.
- Other Past Transactions. Visa will also review past rolling twelve (12) months of non-Qualifying Purchase transactions on your linked Visa credit card(s) to provide you with personalized Offers through the Uber App.
How VISA uses information
- To identify Qualifying Purchases you make with your linked Visa card(s) and confirm offer eligibility.
- To notify Uber that you have made a Qualifying Purchase and the amount of Uber Cash that you should be awarded.
- To fulfill or support others in fulfilling Offers, including processing rewards to an Uber account so that Uber may issue Uber Cash after a Qualifying Purchase is made.
- To administer and improve its Offers and rewards programs.
- To provide personalized Offers based on your Qualifying Purchases and past transaction history.
- For customer support.
- For enhancement and development of products and services, internal research and analytics.
How VISA shares information
- Visa may share information, including, without limitation, Qualifying Purchase details, with Uber and its affiliates to facilitate the Visa Local Offers Program and the other purposes described herein.
- Visa and its affiliates may provide Uber or a sponsoring merchant with limited data about your transaction, such as the last 4 digits of your card number and the date, time, amount and merchant information for your transaction as needed to confirm a specific transaction, as in case of a missing or disputed transaction.
- Visa may provide participating merchants with aggregated and de-identified information relating to an offer to allow such merchant to assess the results of its campaigns.
- Visa may use and disclose your Information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or an Offer.
To remove your card(s) from participation in the Visa Local Offers Program, you may opt out from the Settings menu within the Uber App.
Questions about privacy?
For Visa: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Visa U.S.A. Inc. P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128 Attention: Global Privacy Office.
For Uber: If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please review the FAQ’s in the “Legal & Privacy” section FAQs, where you may also submit your questions, or write us at Uber Technologies, Inc., Attn: Legal, 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.