- Use an eligible U.S.-issued Visa card enrolled in the Trim Savings program available via Facebook Messenger to spend $5 or more at any U.S. grocery store by 10/1/17 to earn a $1 reward in the form of a statement credit. Visa branded debit cards include another non-Visa network. Your debit transaction may not be processed by Visa, but instead may be processed by a non-Visa network. Only debit transactions processed by the Visa U.S.A. network are eligible to participate in the Trim Savings program. Transactions processed over a non-Visa network, will not receive a reward. When paying with a debit card, select "credit" or "cancel" and do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your transaction may then be processed over the Visa U.S.A. network, but not in all cases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Delivery services are not eligible. Limit ten offer redemptions per person. Subject to General Terms below.
YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRIM SAVINGS PROGRAM USING FACEBOOK MESSENGER, YOU MUST HAVE A FACEBOOK MESSENGER ACCOUNT AND THESE GENERAL TERMS AND PRIVACY TERMS DO NOT ALTER OR MODIFY FACEBOOK’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING FACEBOOK’S DATA POLICY
You agree to receive messages in Facebook Messenger, and email related to each offer, including confirmation of your acceptance and redemption of the offer and other information such as merchant details and the reward amount relevant to the offer. You acknowledge that, for messages sent via Facebook Messenger, Facebook may have access to the content of these messages including offers you redeemed and how much you spent at a merchant.
These Terms do not alter or modify the privacy policies of Visa or its affiliates that apply to information collected independently of the Trim Savings Program.
The Trim Savings Program is a separate service from the rest of the Trim service, and your Visa card will only be used in accordance with these Terms. Any additional services provided by Trim using a credit card will require you to enroll in those services and provide additional consent.
- To be eligible to receive an offer, you must have a valid user account to use Trim’s bot on Facebook Messenger (“Trim Platform”), an eligible Visa card enrolled in the Trim Savings Program and have activated individual offers through the Trim Platform.
- You represent and warrant that you are authorized to use and provide all the linked cards that you provide, and that information you provide is true and accurate.
- When you add a Visa card, you will need to accept The Trim Savings Program Terms. These General Terms and Privacy Terms do not alter or modify Trim’s terms and conditions for information collected independently of the Trim Savings Program. Any additional services provided by Trim will require you to agree to additional terms and conditions provided by Trim. If you add a card to your Trim account after acceptance of the terms of the Trim Savings Program that card will not be linked or eligible.
- There is a limit of 1 redemption per offer activation, regardless of the number of linked Visa accounts.
- Once an eligible user has redeemed an offer, other authorized users of any eligible Visa cards on file in such person’s Trim Saving’s Account will not be able to redeem such offer through any purchase on the same such card.
- Not all payment cards are eligible, and not all transactions with a linked card can be monitored.
- Visa branded debit cards include another non-Visa network. Your debit transaction may not be processed by Visa, but instead may be processed by a non-Visa network. Only debit transactions processed by the Visa U.S.A. network are eligible to participate in the Trim Savings Program Transactions processed over a non-Visa network will not receive rewards.
- When paying with a debit card, select “credit” or “cancel” and do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your transaction may then be processed over the Visa U.S.A. network, but not in all cases.
- Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Cards, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Cards and Visa TravelMoney are not eligible. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa.
- Visa may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your linked cards, including payments made through other payment methods (such as payments via a Square reader or Square register or a third-party digital wallet or payment app other than Apple Pay) and cross-border transactions, and these transactions are not eligible.
- Visa and its affiliates may monitor transactions that occur on your Visa card linked to the Trim Savings Program to identify qualifying purchases that meet the terms of an offer (a “Qualifying Purchase”), and to process rewards.
- Some offers have restrictions on which locations for that business are eligible. Taxes, tips, fees, and donations may be excluded when calculating the amount of the reward.
- Qualifying Purchases are determined by Visa in its discretion. Purchases or transactions that are, or are suspected to be, fraudulent are not eligible. Visa has the right not to award or to reverse rewards in the event that Visa suspects fraud or other improper activity.
- Rewards may constitute taxable income to you. Compliance with any applicable tax requirements is your responsibility.
- Rewards will not be awarded if your card number has expired, or your card account is not open or in good standing at the time the reward would otherwise be applied.
- Visa is not holding funds or other value for you or any merchant, and is not issuing or maintaining any type of financial obligation, deposit or other asset account for you or any merchant; any pending rewards and any associated dollar value do not represent any merchant or cardholder funds/balances maintained or held by Visa.
- Either Visa or Trim, in its sole discretion, may suspend, terminate, or change this Trim Savings Program or these Terms at any time. If the Trim Savings program or these Terms are suspended, terminated or changed at any time, notice will be posted on Terms URL hyperlink.
- The terms of your purchase of any product or service from a merchant are governed by your relationship with that merchant; neither Visa nor Trim is responsible for the offers, goods, services displayed, purchased or paid for in connection with an offer; or merchants whose offers, products, or services are promoted in connection with an offer.
- Neither Visa nor Trim will have any liability associated with or arising from your participation in an offer, including your failure to redeem a reward.
- You agree to receive messages via Facebook Messenger, related to each offer, including confirmation of your acceptance and redemption of the offer and other information relevant to an offer including merchant details and the reward amount.
- The merchant location, including the street address and other information related to an offer, may include content that has been supplied by a third-party. Visa will have no liability associated with or arising from inaccurate or incomplete information provided by a third-party provider.
- You acknowledge that merchants may not be affiliated with Visa and its affiliates in any way and may not be sponsors or co-sponsors of an offer.
HOW TRIM SHARES AND USES INFORMATION
When you accept the terms of the Trim Savings Program, Trim or its payment processor will inform Visa or its affiliates of your enrollment in the Trim Savings Program and will send Visa the card number for each Visa card saved in your Trim profile at that time.
Trim will not use your card information for any other Trim service without your consent.
INFORMATION VISA COLLECTS
- Visa card details. When you enroll your card and accept the terms of the Trim Savings Program, Visa will receive from Trim the card number for each Visa card saved in your Trim profile at that time.
- Qualifying Purchase transactions. Visa will monitor its systems for Qualifying Purchases with your enrolled Visa card and collect details of those transactions.
- Other Past Transactions. Visa will also review past rolling four months of non-Qualifying Purchases on your linked Visa credit card(s) to provide you with personalized offers through the Publisher platform.
HOW VISA USES INFORMATION
- To identify Qualifying Purchases you make with your enrolled Visa card and confirm offer eligibility.
- To notify Trim that you have made a Qualifying Purchase and the amount of your reward.
- To fulfill or support others in fulfilling offers, including processing statement credits.
- To administer and improve its offers and rewards programs.
- To provide personalized offers based on your Qualifying Purchases and past transaction history.
- For customer support.
- For enhancement and development of products and services, internal research and analytics.
HOW VISA SHARES INFORMATION
- Visa may share information, including, without limitation, Qualifying Purchase transaction details, with Trim and its affiliates to facilitate the Trim Savings program and the other purposes described herein.
- Visa and its affiliates may provide Trim or a sponsoring merchant with limited data about your transaction, such as the last 4 digits of your card number and the date, time, amount and merchant information for your transaction as needed to confirm a specific transaction, as in case of a missing or disputed transaction or for customer support.
- Visa may provide participating merchants with limited transaction data to confirm that a Qualified Purchase took place and aggregated and de-identified information relating to an offer to allow such merchant to assess the results of its campaigns.
- Visa may use and disclose your information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or an Offer.
HOW VISA SHARES INFORMATION
- Facebook including Facebook Messenger, your mobile operating system provider and other third party services or sites incorporated in Facebook Messenger or linked to or through the Trim Platform have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies (collectively, “Third Party Terms”). You may be subject to these Third Party Terms when you use the Trim Platform in Messenger, and acknowledge that Facebook may have access to the content of messages displayed by Trim within Facebook Messenger including offers you redeem and the amount of a Qualified Purchase and/or reward received. It is your responsibility to review and accept all applicable Third Party Terms before using the Trim Platform.
To remove your card from participation in the Trim Savings Program or any offer, you may opt out from the Trim Savings section within the Trim Platform or by typing “Stop Trim savings.”
Questions about privacy?
For Visa: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Visa U.S.A. Inc. P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128 Attention: Global Privacy Office.
For Trim: Please email email@example.com or write to us at: Trim, 660 York St, San Francisco, CA 94110.