Card Linked Offer Terms and Conditions / Privacy Statement
Last modified: July 15, 2016
The terms below apply to Card Linked Offers. A Card Linked Offer is an Offer that you initiate by registering a Visa branded payment card with TrialPay or its Affiliates in connection with such Offer and then making a Qualifying Purchase (as defined below) from a participating merchant (a “Merchant”). A “Publisher” means a website, application, or other digital media channel. An “Affiliate” means any other entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with TrialPay or Visa U.S.A Inc.
By registering for a Card Linked Offer, you accept these Card Linked Offer Terms and Conditions, and agree that Visa U.S.A Inc. and its Affiliates (“Visa”) may examine the transactions (including returns) on your registered payment card at participating Merchants through the Card Linked Offer and that Visa may share details of those transactions, including transaction date, time and amount, with TrialPay. TrialPay will use this information solely as set forth in Section 6 of these Card Linked Offer terms.
- For each Card Linked Offer that you wish to complete, you will be required to complete the applicable registration form to register your eligible Card and provide us with certain information (such as your email). A “Card” means an eligible Visa branded payment card, as described below. A “Registered Card” means an eligible Card which has been registered with TrialPay for a Card Linked Offer. You will be required to register an eligible Card with TrialPay for each Card Linked Offer that you wish to activate. You can activate a Card Linked Offer by completing the requested information on the applicable Card Linked Offer form, accepting the terms associated with such Card Linked Offer and accepting an offer by clicking “Accept”, “Add This Offer” or similar acceptance language, as applicable. Unless specified otherwise, only legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) are eligible for a Card Linked Offer. If a Card Linked Offer is made available outside the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), unless indicated otherwise, these Card Linked Offer Terms and Conditions as well as the country-specific Terms and Conditions listed below will apply. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about your eligible Card. You are responsible for registering a new Card with us if your Registered Card is no longer valid or if your Registered Card is lost, stolen or you receive a replacement card. You must be the cardholder or an authorized user of the Registered Card. You acknowledge and agree that neither TrialPay nor Visa will have any liability associated with or arising from your participation in a Card Linked Offer, or your failure to provide accurate registration information, including your failure to receive credit for a Qualifying Purchase or updates about the Card Linked Offer program. If TrialPay or Visa has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information you provided is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, your registration in a Card Linked Offer may be suspended or terminated.
- Not all payment cards are eligible for Card Linked Offers and not all transactions with your Registered Card can be monitored by Visa. For example, transactions made with Cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa payment system are not eligible for Card Linked Offers.
- You are eligible to earn Products when you use a Registered Card to make a Qualified Purchase. A “Qualifying Purchase” is a purchase from the participating Merchant using a Registered Card that satisfies the terms associated with a Card Linked Offer and these Card Linked Offer Terms. We reserve the right to determine whether any given transaction is a Qualifying Purchase. Your Qualifying Purchase(s) and your completion of a Card Linked Offer will be monitored by Visa. TrialPay will notify Visa when you have activated a Card Linked Offer and you hereby authorize TrialPay to provide such notifications to Visa. Visa will notify TrialPay when its systems have identified a Qualifying Purchase and/or completed a Card Linked Offer. By activating a Card Linked Offer, you agree that Visa can monitor your Registered Card transactions to identify Qualifying Purchases to apply towards your completion of a Card Linked Offer, and you consent to Visa providing such Qualifying Purchase information to TrialPay and the applicable Merchant.
- This paragraph only applies in the United States. Not all Visa cards are eligible for registration in connection with Card Linked Offers and not all transactions with your registered Visa card are tracked by Visa. Without limitation, Visa Corporate cards, Visa Purchasing cards, non-reloadable prepaid cards, government-administered prepaid cards (including EBT Visa cards), healthcare (including Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Visa cards) or insurance prepaid cards, Visa Buxx, and Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa payment system are not eligible to participate Only transactions that are made with a registered Visa payment card that are processed or submitted through Visa ’s transaction-processing system will be monitored for purposes of the Card Linked Offer program or are eligible to be Qualifying Purchases. Do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when paying for your purchases with your Registered Card if you want the transaction to be applied towards your Card Linked Offer completion. You acknowledge that Visa may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your Card, including PIN-based purchases, purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, payments made through other payment methods (such as a digital wallet or a third party payment app, where you may choose your Registered Card as a funding source but you do not present your card directly to the merchant), payments of existing balances, balance transfers, or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa payment system.
- TrialPay and Visa will use your transaction data to confirm a Qualifying Purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for a Card Linked Offer provided by TrialPay.
- TrialPay may provide a Merchant with limited data about your transaction, such as the last 4 digits of your Registered Card and the date, time and amount of your transaction as needed to confirm a specific transaction, such as in case of a missing or disputed transaction.
- For U.S. residents only, TrialPay may use your transaction data to limit the number of Offers from a Merchant that are presented to you, or to identify new Offers that you may be interested in, based on past transactions with that merchant.
- TrialPay may use your transaction data to generate records of the Offers you have completed (an “Offer Completion Record”) and thereafter maintain and use Offer Completion Records in connection with operating the Card Linked Offer program.
- TrialPay may provide participating Merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to Card Linked Offer activity solely to allow our participating Merchants to assess the results of their campaign.
- TrialPay and/or Visa may provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a Merchant.
- For U.S. residents only, TrialPay may provide your contact information to those third parties whom you express interest in receiving additional information from, such as when you activate an Offer.
- We will communicate with you in connection with your participation in the Card Linked Offers program. For example, TrialPay will notify you by email when you have successfully activated a Card Linked Offer and may notify you when a Card Linked Offer is completed or about to expire. You consent to any such communications.
- By activating a Card Linked Offer, you agree to the terms, restrictions, and conditions associated with such Card Linked Offer. We reserve the right to terminate a Card Link Offer or the Card Linked Offer program, or change the type of Product associated with a Card Linked Offer at any time. You agree that neither TrialPay nor Visa shall be liable to you or to any third party for any suspension, modification or termination of the Card Linked Offer program. We also reserve the right to require that you provide a receipt of your purchase from the Merchant for any Qualifying Purchase in order to receive your Product for completing the Card Linked Offer.
- You agree to comply with any and all applicable tax laws applying to you, including the reporting and payment of any taxes arising in connection with the Offers or Products, and that the reporting and payment of any such applicable taxes are your responsibility.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Card Linked Offer terms or required by law, there is no cash value for any Product associated with a Card Linked Offer. Neither TrialPay nor Visa endorse or sponsor, or are responsible for: (a) the offers, goods or services displayed, purchased or paid for in connection with a Card Linked Offer; (b) honoring or fulfilling the offers provided to you through a Card Linked Offer; or (c) the Merchants whose offers, products, or services are promoted in connection with a Card Linked Offer.
- If a Card Linked Offer is made available outside the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), in addition to the Card Linked Offer Terms and Conditions listed above, unless otherwise indicated, the following Terms and Conditions apply:
- CANADA: The following terms and conditions apply to a Card Linked Offer available in Canada and to Canadian residents. Not all Visa cards are eligible for registration in connection with Card Linked Offers and not all transactions with your registered Visa card are tracked by Visa. Without limitation, Visa Corporate cards, Visa Purchasing cards, non-reloadable prepaid cards, non-reloadable government-administered prepaid cards and Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa payment system are not eligible to participate. Only transactions that are made with a registered Visa payment card that are processed or submitted through Visa’s transaction-processing system will be monitored for purposes of the Card Linked Offer program or are eligible to be Qualifying Purchases.
Version 3.0 (July 15, 2016)