Senior Full Stack Software Engineer Job
Date: Jan 20, 2016
Location: Mountain View, CA, US
Location: United States-CA-Mountain View
Job: Software Engineering
Job Number :157117
TrialPay, a Visa, Inc. company
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Who are we?
As a tight-knit group of talented engineers, we thrive on fast development cycles. We not only improve upon our current platform, but also venture into new areas, constantly creating opportunities to build something meaningful and different. We value a fast-paced, collaborative culture that fosters an opportunity to have a true impact on our business.
Glad you asked!
Acquired by Visa, Inc. in 2015, we maintain our startup mentality while being backed by one of the biggest brands in the world.
Our team focuses on more than individual products. We help drive our company’s growth and innovation.
We don’t just build tools for the sake of building, either. In pursuing a clean and engaging UX, we use data to drive our decisions. We talk to merchants to understand how our technology can help them grow their business, and then we talk to their users to get an idea of how to make their experience even better.
And did we mention we were a part of Visa? That means all our products affect any Visa cardholder, and any business that accepts Visa. Anywhere in the world.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for strong engineers with over 6 years of experience. They need a solid understanding of Object Oriented programming (Java, C++, Objective C) and experience with scripting languages (PHP, Python).
Strong communication skills. We expect our engineers to work directly with other engineers (they are your team members), product managers (they have lots of asks and new ideas), QA (things need to actually work), business team (our main consumers) and external customers (all of what we do is for them. right?).
Web interfaces: As our system is built on web interfaces and REST APIs, a basic understanding of communication protocols is expected. Experience in building APIs is a strong plus.
Data access optimization: Did you use caching technologies like memcacheand APC? Did you get to design and develop over NoSQL databases? Have you Explored AWS’s tools like EC2, SimpleDB/DynamoDB and CloudFront? If you did - we have a few interesting tasks for you
Big Data: Managing large amounts of data and using them in order to compile quick responses for very specific questions is not an easy task. We are constantly improving our data handling algorithms and are constantly looking for ways to get more derived knowledge. This includes our data for our APIs and reports as well as for management for our A/B test framework
You should know that for us seniority comes with responsibility.
We expect our senior engineers to voice their opinion in every discussion. We want to see you involved not only in architecture discussions and code designs but also in product planning and business goals alignments.
We also want you to share your experience with our team. Code reviews and design reviews, peer programing and team discussions are only some of the ways you will get to expose your knowledge to others and to learn from them.
What are you going to do here?
- Design and build rich integrations to be used by leading commerce companies
- Optimize our algorithms so that we will be able to return information fast
- That is - really really fast and for many different users
- Build eye catching tools that will provide useful content and joy
- Meet our partner and learn what code and logic changes are needed in order to support them
- Participate in expanding our platform’s availability over multiple geo locations
- Help our system providing high quality output by improving its algorithms and reducing fraudulent activities
- Free food/snacks, always-stocked drink fridge, and happy hour
- Friendly and collaborative open office environment
- Ping-pong, hackathons, and team-building offsites
- Office space in either downtown San Francisco or Mountain View, close to CalTrain
- Competitive salary plus bonuses, comprehensive medical benefits, 401(k) matching, and a Visa stock purchase plan
To learn more about us, visit us at: http://www.trialpay.com/about/company/
- at least 6 years of experience
- PHP, Perl or Python
- C/C++ or Java programming experience
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with caching technologies, such as memcache and APC
- Strong background in math, statistics, and/or computer science
Nice to Have:
- E-commerce or online advertising industry experience
- Any technically relevant personal projects
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Web Design, Technology, Engineering, Creative