Senior Data Scientist Job
Date: Jan 23, 2016
Location: Mountain View, CA, US
Senior Data Scientist
Location: United States-CA-Mountain View
Job: Product/Decision Analytics
Job Number: 160341
We are seeking a data science expert to join our engineering team on designing, developing, and delivering predictive analytic capabilities.
We are looking for someone with the skills and background to help us analyze, utilize, and present data that will demonstrate value to our clients and drive strategic decision-making within the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong and extensive background in machine learning and statistical analysis and be able to collaborate across multiple teams within our group and the rest of the company. The ability and desire to engage with our clients about our data is very much preferred.
Although our company is large, our group is small and nimble, so you will have a lot of latitude to pursue and develop your ideas. You will also have the unique pleasure of working with one of the largest sets of data in the world. Best of all, your work will be highly visible and have measurable impact on growing our business and driving forward our strategy.
- Devise and implement methods for adaptive learning with controls on effectiveness, methods for explaining model decisions where necessary, model validation, A/B testing of models
- Create predictive models for consumer behavior using any and all data available in our clusters
- Experiment with in-house and third party data sets to test hypotheses on relevance and value of data to business problems
- Work with business stakeholders to aid with data driven business decisions
- Work with engineering to implement predictive models in production environment
- Work with data and analytics team to drive availability of relevant data, tools, and infrastructure
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics or highly quantitative field (or equivalent experience) with strength in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistical or other mathematical analysisHands-on experience with predictive problems using techniques such as logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees, or neural networks.
- Expert in creating accurate models using machine-learning libraries in Python/R/Matlab or a language of your choosing
- Experience working with Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Spark and/or Mlib
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”